Sunday 8 May 2011

Poems from the Tar Sands

Early in the morning on the way into work, I am continually inspired by the sunrises.  This has come to me in the form of poems and small sayings that I posted on Facebook.  I'm going to re-post them here, and add to them as i continue my work in the Tar Sands....

April 24
Bright golden sunsets
Peace of mind
Majestic light
slashing through flakes of snow
tranquility for body and soul
love overflowing



April 25
Grey skies over dead trees
Burnt, scarred
Bodies twisted in skeletal deformity
New life choking on the dust of destruction



April 29
 


Breathe ......
Center presence... Center mind
Listen......
Focus passion... Focus intent
Feel....
...Touch beauty .... Touch warmth
Create ......
Dream love .... Dream life
 
 
May 2
 
I am fire, I am life
I am purest energy
Thought provoking
Contemplative, and driven
I will fly an I will soar
...As the red tailed hawk
To heights unknown
I will be the creator
 

1 comment:

  1. Very well said chris. That is exactly how I look at my work up here, as a trade, my time and energy into this project that is going to happen regardless, and in return I can focus more intent on creating sustainability in my life and hopefully the lives of others. Deffinately looking forward to brainstorming some ideas with ya. love you too bro

    ReplyDelete